I have a thick wooden frame above my window. What window treatment should I buy for it?

A common customer choice is an inside-mounted window treatment (like our flat faux shade valances found here). That way, you’ll have a window treatment but still aren’t covering the wooden frame over your window.

But if you would like to cover the top of your window instead, your best option is to look for window treatments that project out even further from the window. We recommend going at least 1 inch beyond your wooden frame. For example, if your wooden frame on top of your window projects 2 inches from the wall, then you’ll need a window treatment that projects at least 3 inches from the wall. A projection is sometimes referred to as a return as well.

Some of your solutions will be: